Personalized Medicine is the way of the future. Sure, B Vitamins are helpful for most of us, but how much do YOU really need? if any? Functional assessment tests are what take the guessing out of medicine, and create true, long lasting results.
- Live Cell Microscopy, or a “Darkfield exmination” as it is often referred to, is possibly my favourite test of all. Live blood Analysis allows us to test your body’s function, or dysfunction in a variety of areas, including immune function, nutrition, liver stress, pH function and fatty acids Issues are often identified, often before symptoms arise, and effectivenss of treatments can be determined.
Digestive function test – Indican
- A quick and simple urine test showing us the health of the GI tract – possibly identtifying dysbiosis or leaky gut.
- The Microbiome is probably the hottest thing dominating the preventative medical community right now. 90 percent of the genetic material in your body is not yours, but rather that of bacteria, fungi, viruses and other microorganisms that compose your microflora. Our little ‘live ins’ are what makes our lives possible. helping us digest our food, produce vitamin K and syntasize B vitamins. So having the ‘right’ kind of microflora is so very important.
- People are often suprised when they find out that thier gut terrain is not optimal. How can that happen? The bigggest culprit is probably stress. During ties of stress, there is aobut 4 X less blood flow to GI, resulting in poor absorption and suboptimal function (not to mention a decrease in serotonin production). But anything causing inflammation can shift the blanace to an unhealthy terrrain.
- Dysregulation of the microflora is one possible cause of autoimmune diesease.
- We know an estimated 80 percent of your immune system is located in your gut, which makes your gut your number one defense against ALL disease, from the common cold to cancer.
- Dysbiosis, or overgrowth of ‘bad’ bacteria and viruses
- Our microflora is believed to be established at about 2 years of age.
- Studies have shown that ‘genetically thin’ people have very dfferent microflora to those of ‘genetically larger’ people.
Adrenal Function Test
- 70% of diseases are thought to be stress related – this means that maintain a close eye on how well your body is able to handle the stress it is under may be the #1 most important thing you can do for prevention.
- How well are your adrenal glands holding up under the stress you put them through each day? A simple urine test gives us a glimps of the output of these very important endocrine glands.
- A simple taste test indicating your zinc status. Zinc is an essential mineral required for more than 200 pathways in the body. The most importnat of which are immune function, wound healing, reproduction and hormones. Zinc also supports healthy growth by contributing to building proteins, synthesizing DNA, cell-to-cell communication and heavy metal detoxification.
- Every enzyme, pathway and compartment in our body has an optimal pH (acid / base) level at which it performs. The body is constantly working to maintain homeostasis (balance) – and maintain these pH’s is very important. As a matter of fact, the blood must maintain a tight pH range of for our very survival, and the body being the amazing machine it is, has a number of buffering systems in place to protect itself. Unfortunately, when the best pathways are overburdened, the body will use what ever it must for immediate survival, even if this may be detrimental in the long run, it will take minerals from what ever source it can in order to buffer or else sequester the acids away into the connective tissue or matrix.
- Causes of acidity
- Normal and anaerobic metabolism
- Diet – animal products, peanuts, grains etc.
- Chronic illness
- Dysbiosis in the gut